Monday, June 16, 2014

Things to note before renting a house/room in Singapore

-BIG HEADACHE-
I am an international student living in Singapore for almost 6 years I guess !

1. Read your contract carefully and KEEP it
    Dont ever lose it or else you will be at your disadvantage when something ever happen between the two       parties.

2. Maintain a clear line between you and your landlord
    Some landlords might think that you are an easy-target ..
    Wah .. this is when something spoil, something disappear, and they will ask you to pay for it.
    This is soooo happened when the house lock spoilt and the landlord said that "because all of us use the         door lock, so you should pay half of the new lock fee." -SIAO-

3. Take a full picture of the whole room/house you are renting before you move in
    Check and ensure that all things provided are new or usable ..
    The bed frame is probably the most worrisome thing. LOL
    My last landlady provided the bed frame saying it was newly bought from ikea.
    but the bed frame dropped and fell after one week's usage and she friggin asked us to pay for the repair
    fee! it was a friggin SGD 120 leh!

    Before I decided to move, she also asked me to pay her the room painting fee of SGD 300
    and also, the wardrobe's door peeling fee .. this is the most unjustified case bcos even she herself always       said that the wardrobe has been used for over 40 freaking years and she asked for peelingg fee (????)
   
    Please do make sure to tell your respective landlord to not let you pay all the wear and tear fees unless
    you caused it yourself

4. Remember to negotiate to the reasonable rental price you desire and make sure everyth u want 
    is provided
    such as internet wifi, pub bill, food(if you requested), parents-come-request, light-cooking
    There was once before I decided to move in, she said that the internet wifi will be provided
    The next few days after I have decided to move, she said "The internet wifi will be charged"
    Then I was like "WHATTT ?? ..." lols!

5. Remember to request the landlady for aircon service every 3 to 6 months
    Don't ever pay for it! LOLS ..

6. If possible, do state that "landlord has no right to go into the room rented when tenants are 
    inside"
    My previous landlady liked to go in my room like it's free
    She kept on talking to me as well even when I was busy with my stuffs

7. Include everything as requested on the contract ..
SIGN ..

actually so so much things that need to be noted before moving a house!
I cant remember! haha

==have a nice day==

No comments:

Post a Comment